Monday, November 4, 2013

Buenos Tardes!


Buenos Tardes!

It’s been a great week here in Budge! 

We have two new investigators, and they have baptismal dates for the 30th of November! Their names are Alejandra y Angela. They literally live under a mountain of garbage. Their front courtyard is about 10 feet by 10 feet, and it is filled about 5 feet high with garbage! But we taught them about the plan of salvation, and they seem to have a desire to do what it takes! We meet with them again tomorrow--which might be a problem because we have exchanges tomorrow.  I’m going with an Elder who is from Arizona, and has only been here for 2 months, so our Spanish isn’t exactly good. Luckily the Spirit does all the work right? 

Anyway, about the soccer here. Every P-day we play soccer, and seriously, I get destroyed. A chapel in our zone has a small soccer court and we play games of 5 on 5. My companion played on a professional team in Paraguay. It is the equivalent to a minor league team in the States, so he’s really good. Then there are the rest of the Latinos that move so fast and quick, and I just can’t keep up. Luckily there are about 5 other Gringos that play like me, so we laugh and have fun, and dream about the day when we can play basketball again!

Mom: First off, forgive me but I completely forgot to tell you thank you for the Birthday Presents. Seriously, the CD was exactly what I wanted, and the ties are perfect. I’m actually wearing one right now. And the Candy Corn is gone. But I shared it and Latinos don’t really like it, so I didn’t have a problem!

I baked the cake (pumpkin cake) on Halloween, but it was really difficult. The oven doesn’t have degrees, it’s a fire oven and there is only a dial for how much fire you want. But it turned out to be perfect. The frosting was what I failed on. They have different measurements here, so I just did it by sight, and honestly, didn’t work out super well. But the cake as a whole tasted great! Again, my roommates didn’t like it very much, which is exactly what I wanted! I finished eating it this morning!
About the Aves, it’s about time they started to win some games!

Anyway, hope all is well at home! Love you all!

¡Chao!

Elder Chipman

No comments:

Post a Comment