Monday, October 28, 2013

My blue eyes and my height makes me exotic in these parts

Driving by the Buenos Aires Temple

View from our Villa

Enjoying good food



¡Hola Amigos!
It’s been a great week here in Budge! We have been working hard, and we’re finally making some progress with our investigators.
This week we were able to talk to a man named Alberto. He lives in a little shack, and his form of transportation in a horse and a cart, which honestly isn’t that rare here in budge. He lives with his brother who has a drug problema, but has honestly thought about God a lot in his life. We were able to talk to him about the first vision and were able to invite him to be baptized the 30th of November. And he accepted! Now we have the hard part of actually getting him there, but he is really sincere, and wants to do the right thing. Plus the lord is on our side, and if the Lord be with us, who can stand against us?
Also had the awesome opportunity not only to have Asado once, but twice! Asado is a special, delicious experience here in Argentina. It consists of chicken, chorizo, and steak being cooked over hot coals. Honestly its super good, but it wasn’t my favorite thing I ate this week. The couple who rent us our villa fed us on Saturday, and we had steak with eggs and onions. IT was supèr delicioso, and I look forward to learn how to cook that! Seriously, I don’t understand, they only season with salt here, yet the meat is really good! I guess all I need is Mayo and salt, and I can be a professional chef here in Argentina!
Also something funny: ever since I got here, I’ve been told how tall I am, and how weird it is that I have blue eyes. I´ve never thought of myself as foreign or exotic, but here I´m about a foot taller than everyone.  No one can pronounce the name Chipman, which is honestly the first time I experienced that problem. I´ve been compared to two things, the Hulk, and Kronk from the Emperors New Groove. Honestly, if I ever feel self conscious, I think I´m just going to pay a visit to Argentina to feel better.
The Lord has blessed us a lot this week, and I know that he will continue to bless us. The work will go on!
Yo sé que Dios les ama todos sus hijos, y ayudará todos con sus problemas y desafíos en esta vida
Its not perfect but its getting better!
Les Amo Mucho
Elder Chipman

No comments:

Post a Comment