Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Life at the MTC is great! (pictures included)


Hola Everyone!

Wow this week really flew by! First off before I forget, I was seen in the broadcast, you just need to know where to look! If you go on to lds.org and go onto the broadcast, I'm in the first number, exactly 2:57 into the broadcast. Now it’s kind of like "where's waldo". I'm kind of in the back, next to the forehead of a red headed kid wearing glasses. It’s hard to see, but it’s me! So there's proof that I was actually in the choir. Funny story about that. I know that I have not been given vocal talent, its fine, I've accepted it, but during one of the times we sang for devotional, I was sitting behind this companionship of Elders. The whole time during the practice before the devotional, they looked like they were in pain. They kept on looking back as if to say, do you really sound that bad? Lets just say after the practice and before the devotional started, they decided to quietly move away from where I was sitting. Haha, oh well, I like singing anyway.

Life at the MTC is great! I'm really starting to get into a groove. It’s funny because this whole week seemed to fly by faster than the very first day here, but its great! It was awesome being there at the broadcast! It was like witnessing and All Star game, just with men of God. Elder Holland, Perry, Nelson, Oaks, all of them except for Packer and the First Presidency were there. It was such a pump up and it really kind of helped me establish what my purpose was, and will be for the rest of my life. I thought they made it pretty clear what they wanted us to do. I hope members take it to heart, that way my job will be made easier!

8 of the Elders in our zone left for Mexico on Monday and it was really sad to see them go. They really were great leaders, and they really introduced us to the MTC. They will go out and do great things. We also got a bunch of new Elders and they are great! As long as they play soccer with us, it’s all good. We had to rearrange the teams a little bit because such a big group left, but we have found a good balance in the teams, and continue to play that almost everyday!

I also had a chance to meet my mission president this week! They are having the Mission President Seminar, and they arranged a time for us to go and meet them. President Thurgood seems to be a really nice and loving man. His wife is equally nice and loving, and it seems like the mission is a hard thing for them to do. But to see them go and do it anyway, it really means a lot. Apparently our mission home has a swimming pool too! But that really doesn't matter unless there is a very last minute baptism, since we can't swim anyway.

Every week I learn so much. Not only do I learn how much my Savior cares, knows, and loves me, I learn that he cares, knows, and loves everyone beyond comprehension. I also learned that I need to be more grateful for what I have. I've always appreciated what the Lord has blessed me with, but I'm beginning to really, truly see all that he has given me. Even just being born in the United States to a great, loving family who loves me is a miracle. Then you add to the fact that I was born into this church! There are so many blessing that I don't even know where to begin.

I also was reading the War chapters in the Book of Mormon this week, and I've come to the conclusion that if any Mormon boy doesn't say that Captain Moroni is his scriptural hero, he is lying.... Chisté. But seriously you read about him and I just marvel at his faith, and strength, and courage. And if you think the Book of Mormon is boring, you obviously haven't read Alma. There are so many stories of miracles, battles, heroes, and villains. It’s like reading a spiritual comic book! I love it! I also love the feeling I get from reading it. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, because there is a definite difference in the way I feel when I read the Book of Mormon, and the Bible, than any other book on this earth. My dad always used to quote Shrek when talking about the book of Mormon, "Its like an Onion, it has Layers," It’s so true. I look at a verse once and it doesn't stand out to me, but the next time I come back to it, there is something so powerful said, that I wonder "How did I not see that before.” I'm starting to truly fall in love with this book.

And now for a result of Sundays devotional. I'm going to sound really preachy, but hey, it’s my job now. I know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ and that the authority of God is back on the earth. I now that we have prophets and apostles back on the earth to help guide us through our lives. I know that the Book of Mormon and the Bible are words from God, written for our day. The people who wrote them wrote them for us, and it is our privilege to read from it. My job is to invite all to come unto Christ. I love all of you guys, friends, family, teachers, whoever. I love you, and I know that I would be failing all of you if I didn't let you know that the only way to true, everlasting happiness is through Jesus Christ and his atonement. If you want to learn more, call my dad, David Chipman, he can help you! Forgive me if I come off to strong, but its out of Love, and Duty.

Soon I will be able to let you all know about my adventures, but that's in three weeks! Sooooooooo soon! I love you all, and know that I am where I want to be!

Love
Elder Chipman

P.S
Lyric of the week: Puede, Alguien! Me encontra, Alguien Amar!
Rough I know, but I want to see if you can get it!
 
Me just goofing around :)

Me with David and Andrew (lifetime friends from Highlands Ranch)




Me and my MTC District




Me and my MTC Zone


Goofing off again :)
Me and the Elders in my Zone
 

No comments:

Post a Comment