Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I'm really starting to like the MTC a lot--too bad I leave next week!


Hola Familia                                                    July 10, 13

 

Este Semana fue muy fantastico! This week was really fantastic! Did anything change? Not really but I learned a lot!

We added 14 new Elders to our zone, and four new sisters. All of a sudden there is a line for the showers in the morning! All of them graduated from High School recently, and so I'm starting to see the 19 year old missionary go extinct. But that's ok. With the new Elders, gym time has been a blast. We usually split down the middle between basketball and soccer. I usually pick soccer because lets be honest, what's the point of basketball if you can't dunk? Chiste. (Joke)  None of the games are as exciting as they were the first few weeks, but they are still a lot of fun! All of the Elders are really fun to be around!

We had an amazing devotional last night about prayer and personal revelation, and I learned a lot. It’s funny, because I'm really starting to like the MTC, a lot! Too bad I leave next week, or at least I hope so! We still haven't received any information on when, or even where we might be going. As far as we know, none of the 16 Elders and Hermanas in our zone have received their visas to Argentina yet. So we hope that they are just waiting to surprise us, but I have a feeling that we are going to be serving in the United States for a little bit before we head down south!

I finished reading the Book of Mormon again this week, and it amazes me how amazing that book is. Our second week, a member of the seventy came to talk to us, and when he spoke about the Book of Mormon, he began to cry. He boldly held the book to his heart and said with tears in his eyes, “I Love this book,". At the time, it really stuck with me. I mean I knew the Book of Mormon was important and everything, but why did this man cry over it? I know why now. I too have grown to love the Book of Mormon, and the scriptures in general. They are the words of God, and I have received so many answers to my prayers through them. I Love that book. Not to the point that tears come to my eyes, but that's just who I am. Here's a great scripture that I read this week. Ether 12: 6 "...I would show unto the World that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because y see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." This has always been one of my favorites. We need to act before our faith is strengthened. The Brother of Jared made the stones before the Lord could cause them to light up. The Army of Helamen had to go to war with faith, before they realized every single one of them was spared. Moses had to thrust his staff in the sea, before the water's would part, and Elijah had to drown the alter with water, before the heavenly fire would come down.

This is just one of the scriptures that touched me this week, there are so many found in the scriptures, they are countless in number! Its Amazing!

I saw Megan's picture of the Hot Dog car and couldn't help but laugh. Last night we had Hot Dogs, and I had a lot of them, and Elder Crowther looks at my plate and says, "Elder Chipman, I don't think I've ever met anyone who loves hotdogs as much as you do," Which is probably true!

 
 

The fourth of July was awesome. They let us out of class early, and we watched the movie 17 Miracles! Its a great, but sad movie. It also reminded me that our Father in Heaven is a God of Miracles, and I'm sure I will see many of them before these two years are up. Afterwards they gave us ice cream bars and let us stay up late and watch the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire. There was a tree in the way, but we could still see the majority of them!

I've never felt so strong in my life. My faith is growing every day, and I still know it has a long way to go. I have so much to learn, but I still continue to learn so much. I wish I could let all of you feel the way I do right now. It is amazing how happy we are when we know that Christ and our Father in Heaven love us, are there for us, and are helping us every single second, of every single day. Don't ask me how, because I don't know, but I feel it buried in the marrow of my bones, that my Redeemer lives. That Joseph Smith was a prophet, President Monson is a prophet, and the Book of Mormon is true. And its amazing to feel this in my heart, because it brings me so much peace, and joy. I feel like a water balloon about to pop!

Anyway, I'll let you know when I'm out of here! hopefully next week!

Yo sé que la iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Últimos Días es verdadero. Yo sé que el Libro de Mormon fue translucido por el poder de Dios, mediante el profeta José Smith. Yo testifico que si ustedes leerán el libro de mormon, ustedes saberán Dios es real, y él es sus Padre Celestial, y él ama ustedes mucho. Soy agradacido por la oportunidad servir mi Salvador, y Espero que ustedes aprenden para su mismos, porque yo siento más gozo porque yo sé la verdad. Preguntan su Padre, y él Contestará. En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amén

Google translate : I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. I know that the Book of Mormon was translucent by the power of God through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I testify that if you read the book of mormon, you saberán God is real, and it is their Heavenly Father, and he loves you very much. I agradacido for the opportunity to serve my Savior, and I hope you learn for themselves, because I feel more joy because I know the truth. They ask the Father, and he will answer. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

Love you all, hopefully you can understand that last part, but hey, that's six weeks of Spanish right there!

 

Elder Chipman

 

No comments:

Post a Comment