Monday, July 29, 2013

The secret stash of Oreos


Hi everyone!                                                                                       July 29, 2013

First off, Thanks Mom for the Package and letter, I got them on Saturday! I can't wait to paint that magnet, and I haven't told anybody about the Oreos, I think that might just be my little secret. I'm in an apartment with 3 other Elders, I know a package of Golden Oreos won't stand a chance! 

Also thanks for you emails! That was an amazing picture from home. I don't get scenes like that in Georgia--that's for sure!

Anyway, this week has been great! I kinda understand what people are talking about, and I think they kinda understand what I'm saying, maybe. But I'm learning! I gave a talk yesterday during Sacrament meeting and I didn't see too many confused faces which is good! I also got to play the organ yesterday! I don't know if they will ever ask me to do it again, but hey, it was fun!

We've seen a lot of miracles this week. The first one happened while we were at lunch during P-day. We were just waiting in line, and a woman walks in. My companion says Hi to her, and she just straight up asked, "Can I get a pamphlet or something?" Luckily the English missionaries were with us, because we only had Spanish ones in our backpacks. But they gave her one, and they are actually teaching her!

Another cool story: The very first door we knocked on here in the area was this Hispanic woman and her kids and we left her a blessing and set up an appointment to meet with her. The first appointment fell through, and we scheduled another for Saturday. Well Saturday came, and it seemed like everything was trying to make us late. We had to pick up a member who lived pretty far away, drive to the other side of the area to drop the other Elders off at a dinner appointment, then go to Maria's house. We ended up being 30 minutes late. When we knocked on the door, one of her sons answered and said that his mom wasn't home. Just then a car drove up and she got out of the car! We taught her a lesson, and set up another appointment with her. We have a really good feeling about this family, and it just kinda proves even more that the Lord is in charge of this work, and if he needs us to be late, he'll make sure we're late.

We're still really confused but we're finally making a lot of progress. Our numbers aren't great, but we're really working hard and trying our best with the people we are teaching. 

Thanks for everything! Hope all is well!

Until next week,
Elder Chipman

 
 


apartment wildlife


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment