Monday, August 5, 2013

My Oreos are safe!


Hola                                                                                                           

It’s been another great week in Georgia! We've seen many miracles and I know that we will continue to see many as we continue to work hard, and do what we're supposed to do! One of those miracles is that none of the other Elders have discovered my stash of Golden Oreos. I made the mistake and shared my Honey Mustard Pretzels, and let’s just say that there aren't any left. But my Oreos are safe!

Another Miracle is that we had two investigators come to church yesterday! Their names are Juan and Gladys and they are neighbors with some of the members in the branch. We're going to be having Home Evening with them tonight and I really think they are going to be having some really cool experiences in the future with them.

The coolest part about this week was when we were tracting through a kinda shady trailer park. We were knocking on someone's door when a neighbor yelled at us and told us that they weren't home. So, we thought, "They're not home, but I know you are!" So we went over to talk to him. He invited us on his porch and it reeked of alcohol. He sat on his chair and next to him were at least 10 empty bottles of beer and another one he was in the process of finishing. As we talked to him, he said that he has a lot of problems, and that he needs help. As we talked to him, I think we gave him a little bit of hope because he decided to allow us to come back. On our second visit, we talked to him some more, and he has a lot of problems. But as we told him what he needed to do, he had us pour out his beer in the sink, and he said that he wants to start repenting. We taught him how to pray and shared with him some scriptures. We then invited him to be baptized, and he said yes without hesitation. He's got a long ways to go, but I know that he can find forgiveness and be healed through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. One of my favorite scriptures is Philipians 4:13.

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

I know that he can change his life around. I look forward to working with him and seeing the gospel really make a difference in his life! 

I know that our father in heaven loves each and every one of us including Carlos (the guy I just talked about). He wants to help him, and I can't wait to see him if he allows the Gospel to change him.

Spanish is still going well. I feel like I know a little bit more every day. But I still have a long way to go! Its going to be a process, but something that Preach my Gospel says is that the Lord provides a way for us to accomplish what he commands us. I've heard that before, but I never thought of it in a language sense. I've been commanded to speak Spanish, so it’s really cool to think that I will have help accomplishing it.

Anyway, we're starting to get stuff done here in the Cunningham branch, and I know that we are going to receive a lot of success as we continue to do what is right. I just feel like there is a ton of potential in this area, we just need to get out and get it started!

Anyway, it’s been a good week! Hope all is well.

Elder Chipman

No comments:

Post a Comment