Monday, August 19, 2013

It is legal here to take road kill home to eat


Hey Everyone

It’s been a very good week with a lot of miracles seen everyday. On Friday I found out that they are planning on keeping me here in the Smyrna ward until the end of the transfer. Which really is just next Wednesday. I've kinda gotten to the point where I just need to put my trust in the lord. He knows where I can be the most useful, and I think he's just going to move me where ever he sees fit. And I guess if he can split the Red Sea, he can place me where I need to be.

I do admit though, I enjoy understanding everything. It’s very nice to be able to say what I want to say, and hear what everyone is saying, well I guess almost everything. Sometimes the southern accent is a little too much for me, but I'm trying.

We've been teaching a lot of people this week, and one thing that I've really learned is how important the Bible, along with the Book of Mormon is in our lives. I was just flipping through it the other day, and came across one of the most powerful scriptures I have ever seen. Its Romans 8: 35-39. I encourage y'all (haha I've wanted to say y'all for a long time) to look up and read this scripture, mainly because its a little too long to type, but it only takes 10 seconds to read. Seriously though, this scripture says that nothing on the earth or not on the earth can separate us from our Saviors love. Nothing. This is a comfort to me.

Everyday I seem to gain a testimony on our Saviors love for each and every one of us and it’s on a personal level.

Anyway, some fun facts about Georgia. We were at a member’s home for dinner and they have deer that come into the backyard and eat their garden. So they plan on doing what any normal, civil human being will do. They plan on waiting in a tree so they can shoot it with their friends bow and arrow. And yes they were being serious... So if I visit them again and we have deer burgers, I know why.

Also apparently it’s legal to take road kill home with you and use it as food. I guess its better than just leaving it on the side of the road, but still, I'm a little disturbed that enough people are doing it that they had to make a law about it.

Last thing, mainly for Allie, Sarah, Zach, Natalie, and Elsie: I talked with this one guy who’s from Arkansas. And without me even bringing up the topic, he talked about how many Armadillos lived there. He said that they were everywhere.

Anyway, Have a fantastic week everybody, I love you all!

Elder Chipman

No comments:

Post a Comment