Monday, August 26, 2013

Green hotdogs for the greenie


August 26, 2013

 

Well I'm only 2 days away from completing my first transfer, or my first 6 weeks! Wednesday will be the day! They are sending me back over to the Cunningham Branch which is the Spanish Branch in the same area, so I'm kinda just going back to where I started! Most people who wait for their visas go through about two transfers or 3 months before they get clearance to go, so I'm almost there! I think.

I've been enjoying English though! We had a family come to church yesterday, the Hendersons. The father is deaf and the mother is Kenyan and they have three kids! All of them came and the wife signed for the dad, but he lip reads really well, so she wasn't too busy. But we also found a ward that has a lot of resources for the dear. It’s outside of our mission boundaries, but we might send them there just so they can relax a little bit more.

We also met a lot of other people, and we have a baptism this Saturday! His name is Kamrick , and he is the son of a member who was less active when he turned 8. So his parents set up the appointments, we taught him, and that was that.

The work here is booming! The mission has had 48 baptisms in August, and the mission goal is 70. We had 24 baptisms on Saturday alone, and we will probably hit the mission goal after this next weekend. The mission president really gives us a "Vision to Baptize," and it has really motivated us to work as hard as we can!

So a fun story that happened this week, we have a sister in our ward who makes all the Greenies (new missionaries) a greenie dinner. So we had Green Hotdogs, green buns, green mac n cheese, green everything. It felt weird eating, but it tasted fine! I mean where can you go wrong with hot dogs? On a mission I guess I've expanded my menu a little bit. I've eaten Quesadillas, peanut butter sandwiches, and hotdogs---Unless members have us over. Let’s just say I love member dinners.

Anyway, hope all is well at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment