Monday, January 13, 2014

I'm leaving Budge tomorrow

Hola Todos!                                                                Jan 13, 2014

It’s been a great week in Budge! We had another baptism this Saturday with a nine year old girl named Saríah. Her parents were less active for a little bit, and when they were reactivated, they realized their daughter was, well, not baptized. So we were able to teach her, and her brother baptized her on Saturday.

We were also able to find many people to teach, and we are continuing in the work! We had a family home evening with the Alánez family where we played games and ate tacos. It wasn’t the same as American tacos, but still good! The bishop and his wife came with us and we had a really good lesson about the Anti-Nephi-Lehis. We told them the story how they buried their weapons of war and made a covenant with God to never use them to shed man’s blood again. So we asked everyone to write down things that they did that kept their family from being united. Afterwards, Elder Suarez took a shovel and buried the papers in the ground, kinda like a symbolic promise. It was really neat.

Anyway, Last night we got a phone call from the Assistants saying that I was going to be emergency transferred to an area called San Francisco, and no It’s not near any sort of bay. I actually don’t know anything about it other than I’m leaving tomorrow at 4. I´m sad because there are a lot of really great people and things here. But I´m ready to leave and move forward.  So maybe next week I can give you more info!

I got the Christmas Card this week! Along with letters from the High Preist Group, the Primary, the Burgoynes Christmas card, and a package from Uncle ElRay and Aunt Susie! The Ropers sent me a nice card with Gummy worms and swedish fish, so I enjoyed them a lot.

When I think about my mission, I think that is has been mostly hard, but it has had many beautiful moments too.  In Georgia, I was getting used to mission life.  When I first got sent to Argentina, I had major cultrue shock so that made things hard again.  My Spanish is no a ton better and I can communicate super well and that has made all the difference.  I still hate the fact that there are few washers and dryers here, but at least the food is really good!  Budge is awesome and I love to look over the villas at sundown.  I just feel good serving here.  I love Argentina.  After all that is said and done, this place is super cool.  I pray a lot and receive peace.  I am always happiest at the end of each lesson when I get to bear my testimony and I can see and feel a connection between me and the people I teach.  I am working hard, but it is getting easier.

Hey dad, I actually ran every day last week with the Brazilian in our Pench (apartment).  He wants to learn English so we would run for 20 minutes and I would teach him.  It was great!  I guess I need to find another routine in my new area.

Anyway, that’s it for this week! I love you all and hope that you’re all doing well!

Love,
Elder Chipman

No comments:

Post a Comment