Monday, January 6, 2014

I guess I am making progress with the Spanish!







Hi Everyone!

It’s been a very eventful week this week, but not in the way that might be normal. We started the week by finding out we would receive two more Elders in Budge. They turned out to be Elder Santos from Brazil, and Elder Hanson from Price, Utah. Elder Hanson is brand new, and honestly doesn’t understand anything, but he is lucky because his companion, Elder Santos, is probably the nicest guy I’ve ever met and speaks pretty good English. I asked him where he learned to speak English and he said that he and a friend studied it using YouTube for about 2 months before his mission, and that was it. So now I wish I watched more Spanish videos on YouTube before I left. Ever since Elder Hanson got here, I have gained a lot of confidence in my Spanish because I can see where I have come, and it has been a real blessing and confidence booster.

Anyway on Tuesday we had an Asado which was delicious, and met with a group of Elders for Dinner. Afterwards I went to bed, but was soon awakened by the sound of fireworks. Seriously everybody blew off something at midnight, and boy was it a sight!

The rest of the week was slow. First Elder Santos and Elder Hanson were sick. Then Elder Suarez was sick on Friday. I thought I was special or something until Saturday morning when I woke up. I won’t tell you the symptoms that I had-just know that I stayed in bed that day. I feel better today and I am able to eat again. So I´m all better.


We were able to visit the Alánez family again and they are doing awesome! They are still waiting for their papers and all but the Mom said to us she wants to be baptized immediately after the wedding! The rest of the family is following her lead and they all go to church and participate in the activities. Hermana Alánez even invited us over this Friday to teach her sister, so we look forward to that!

 

This week when I was reading the book “Jesus the Christ,”  I read a line that literally changed my perspective on the work I do. It said ´the loss of a soul is a real thing, and a real great loss to our Father in Heaven.´ I don’t understand it completely, because if I did, I think I would be and do better, but it helps work harder.



I was really surprised when you said that Sam Bertoch married Kailie Dean! If you remember, she was my TA for Calculus this last semester at BYU! That is a fun connection!

I feel happy, just tired because we work hard.

Overall it was a good week! Hope y’all are doing well!

Love

Elder Chipman

No comments:

Post a Comment