Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Year from Argentina!


¡Hola Todos!                                                                                                   Dec. 30, 2013

It was a great week and a great Christmas in Argentina!

On Christmas Eve I was able to talk to my family back home and afterwards we went to a members house for dinner. Here, the big day is the 24th, because they stay up late, eat a bunch of food, and at midnight, light off a bunch of fireworks (remember its summer here). So we were able to join a family for dinner and we ate a ton! Seriously, I wasn’t even hungry for the next 3 days. The 25th isn´t nearly as exciting because everyone is sleeping, so it is pretty quiet.

After Christmas we had a bunch of things to do because we had two baptisms planned for Saturday, and one of them was getting married on Friday! It was hard, but it all worked out and we were able to baptize a woman named Paola, and another named Adriana! They were both confirmed on Sunday and are officially members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!

The cool part is that they asked me to baptize them! Honestly, I think it is because my other two companions are a little short and they wanted to go with the bigger option to do the ordinance, but it was still a really cool opportunity! I did spend all day Saturday trying to memorize the baptismal prayer, and it all went smoothly!

For transfers I found out that I´ll be here in Budge with Elder Suarez for another 6 weeks and I´m glad.  They transferred the other two missionaries out so now Elder Suarez and I are the only missionaries in Budge. There are other missionaries in the area and I am starting to make good friends here in my district and zone. 

Thank you for the goodies! They are slowly disappearing.  I enjoyed a special Lucky Charms breakfast on Christmas day, and then some Golden Oreos! Also the Calendar is awesome! I love the little pictures of the family in every month, and also how you remembered that the seasons here are opposite.

Seriously it’s been so incredibly hot and humid. I´m constantly sweating a waterfall, and every morning when I wake up, the pillow case is soaked, because we don´t have AC in our pension-but I´m ok with it. I just remember how brutally cold it was last winter in Provo, and I enjoy the heat!

Hope you are doing ok! I love you and hope you have a Happy New Year!

Until Next Week!

Elder Chipman

No comments:

Post a Comment