Monday, December 2, 2013

The miracle of the basketball!


¡Hola familia!                                                                          Dec. 2, 2013

Its been a great week here in Budge! Right now, its super hot! Don´t know how hot, but for some reason, the sun feels so much stronger here than at home. Maybe we´re closer to the equator or something. I don´t know.

Honestly it has been a pretty good week. I continue to understand more and at least my companion works hard.  At night we also get to talk with the other two elders in the pension, and they are nice and like to joke around with me. Last night I was able to unwind a bit, play the harmonica, and me and the other two elders talked about Pokemon. Which is childish, but fun.

Other than today, this week was actually rather chilly. Again, don´t really know how cold, but it was rainy and windy, and I was actually able to sleep inside my sleeping bag, which is something that I usually can´t do because of the heat. The sudden change of temperature made Elder Suarez sick and we stayed inside all day Wednesday. It did give me a chance to do laundry which I haven´t exactly done in a while. The day after was thanksgiving and instead of having a turkey dinner, I decided to focus on gratitude that day. I gained a lot of perspective on how many blessings the lord has given me. In True to the Faith (One of the books we study from) it explains how a spirit of gratitude is a happy spirit, because it is impossible to be sad and miserable and grateful at the same time. So, it turned out to be a very good Thanksgiving!

Today we had a miracle in itself, one of the new elders in our district has a Basketball! We were able to play a short game today after we finished our usual soccer game. It took me a while to shake the rust of my bones, but it was a lot of fun! Even in this heat. Also got to eat at McDonalds and had a Big Mac (Yes Allie I know you´re jealous) with a Vanilla and Dulce de Leche (kinda like carmel) Ice Cream cone, super good!

Right now we have 3 people with a baptismal date for December. Two are for the 14th, and another for the 28th. They are all really solid and seem to be progressing really well, so I hope to be sending baptismal pictures soon!

I see movie posters for Catching Fire all over the place here. Was it really that good? I know the book ended on a cliff hanger as well, which drove me crazy.

Oh I almost forgot! I got the Package! I think it has been in the office for a while, but we had zone conference this week and that is usually when they send mail! I haven´t opened any of the presents yet because I have to wait. The other Elders in my Pension don´t understand why, but tradition is tradition. Unless there is something that I need to open now then I will. Also please send thanks to the Waltons, they sent me a very nice card. I also got you´re Halloween card with the leaves! Thank you.

Anyway, hope you have a happy week. Get Megan Home! I´m glad she´s getting better though! ITs weird, only 8 more days!

Hope you guys aren´t too cold! And hope you all enjoy the holiday season!

Les Amo Mucho

Elder Chipman

No comments:

Post a Comment