Monday, January 27, 2014

Argentina isn't made for people my size ;)

Buenos Tardes!
It's been another great week in San Francisco, and honestly one of the fastest weeks of my life! The weather was very pleasant and stayed in a nice cool temperature this weekend, but on Thursday it was like a furnace. I was sweating more than ever before. I was probably pretty close to having a waterfall flowing down my face. At least the people we visited had compassion on me when we knocked on their doors, and they would let us in to have a glass of water.
Other than that, we are continuing to do work. We met a new investigator and have taught her the first lesson. She is super religious and has a lot of faith in God. We shared our message with her and she had the desire to ask God if what we shared was true.  We haven’t been able to talk to her since but I hope to give you an update next week.
The bikes are working fine as for now and we are using them to get around. We’ve had to do a lot to jimmy rig them to working order. My companion’s bike still loses it’s chain if he goes relatively fast.  Let’s just say, Argentina isn’t made for people my size. The bar that attaches the seat to my bike was bent at a 90 degree angle-- just because I sat on it. Luckily I was able to change it out with the old seat from another bike. The fixed seat is more comfortable anyway. 
I like it a lot here in San Francisco! Elder Yachi is really nice, and that makes it pleasant. The place is just more mellow and lighter than Budge. So I’m actually happier here. There’s still a lot of work to do, but I’m learning that the time will fly. 
Sounds like Denver is a fun place to be right now and I still miss home a lot, but I’m getting used to this place too. I’m starting to miss the winter. I haven't actually experience a season other than Spring and Summer since May. That’s 9 straight months! That’s a lot of time in the sun!
We have the opportunity to go to the temple next week which is awesome, and my companion has peanut butter! So yes, everything is great! Lots of bike riding, a little rain, and it’s been fun! I hope to keep moving forward in this area.
I love you and I will write you next week after the Broncos win the Super Bowl!
Hope all is well!
Con Amor
Elder Chipman

No comments:

Post a Comment