Monday, February 10, 2014

The days go by like hours, the weeks like days...


Hola Todos                                                                                         Feb 9, 2014
It’s been another great week in San Francisco with a few changes. I have a new companion named Elder Cobb, from North Carolina. I think we will get along really well! He plays the harmonica too. He knows how to play Piano Man on the Piano and harmonica at the same time! He has been about a year on the mission, but came the same day I did to Argentina because of Visa Problems. I’ve only known him for about 4 hours, but I know its going to be a good transfer.
We went to the temple just because the President said that we could go. The mission assigned our district a day and time and we went and enjoyed a session. I hope we can do that quite often. It was so nice to go just to feel the spirit. I Just got to sit and reflect on my life at the moment and feel peace. It was really nice.
I´m actually really happy. Sure it’s hard, but nobody said that I couldn´t be happy and have a trial at the same time. Missions are hard things because I miss being comfortable and at home, but then again, I´m learning so much. The days are going by  me as if they are hours, and the weeks  go by like days. It’s really weird.
That being said, the rain hasn’t really stopped, but we are navigating through the mud and puddles fairly well. We received a referencía from a member on Thursday. Her name is Ramona and she is super prepared. We taught her about prayer and the member that is her friend bore her testimony about prayer, by the end of the testimony both the member and Ramona were crying. Always a good sign.
We also plan on having a baptism on Saturday. Pablo came to church on Sunday, so he is finally ready to make that covenant with our Father in Heaven.
We had an interesting experience on Friday. We were just straightening things up in the pench before we headed out for the day and out of no where, the shelves where we kept our food collapsed. There was soy sauce and corn flakes everywhere. Talk about a mess. Then about 5 minutes later, our desk broke sending our books to the floor. Talk about remodeling. Anyway after a morning of cleaning, we got it all figured out.


Funny story: I was talking to a member on Sunday at church and he just pointed behind me. When I looked, I saw President Thurgood. I guess he decided to have a surprise visit in San Francisco. It was cool! He´s a really nice and loving man. We had an investigator there with us so it was all good!
Now about the Olympics.  Thanks for sending some pictures and telling me about it.  If the press is complaining about stray dogs, they should come to Argentina.  I don’t think they wouldn’t rag on Russia any more because this place has so many stray dogs.  I hate the American stereotype that we are a bunch of rich snobs, so I hope we aren’t acting like that because then we deserve the crummy stereo type.  Oh well, the Americans really showed the world our greatness with our ugly Christmas Sweaters in the opening ceremonies-- how terrible were those! I think Mr. Ralph´s Grandma must have hand-made each and every one of those sweaters, so maybe we should be more considerate ha-ha.

Hope all is well at home, stay warm. I know God lives and Jesus is the Savior of the world. Never forget that. He is always by our sides. And he will never leave. No matter what we do and say, he will always be there, inviting us back that we, through his sacrifice, can return to live with him again. I love you and hope all is well at home. I still pray for you, so don´t worry, you´ve got blessings coming your way. It just might be delayed because I´m in Argentina, but they will come =)

Elder Chipman

No comments:

Post a Comment