Monday, April 28, 2014

I'm called Elder Grandote (Elder Giant)

Hola Todos!  

It’s been another good week in San Fransisco.  We’ve been working really hard in this area, and we haven’t had a lot of success, but we have a baptism coming up this Saturday! Pablo has come to church and is super prepared. So we hope to have him baptized this upcoming Saturday, and confirmed the following day. I’ll keep you posted. He should’ve been baptized 12 weeks ago, but hey, it’s all good. We think the hurdles have been cleared, we just need to finish.

So with that, it’s been great! We’ve been working closely with the Elders Quorum President this week and have visited a lot of less actives members with him. He taught me a lot about the blessing that we have when we sing hymns. When we go out with him, he tells us only to sing hymns. So that’s what we do. There are very few things that can bring the spirit faster than a hymn, and it doesn’t mean that you have to be able to sing, trust me, I would know.

If things go as predicted, I’m probably heading to a different area next week. I’m a little bummed because I really like it here. Plus, I don’t like getting transferred. You get in a routine with your comp and with your area, and it’s comfortable. With transfers, you just feel lost and you don’t know what’s going on for a long time. Let’s just say, I have a little bit of hope that I can stay for another transfer or two, but we’ll have to see.
                                                                                         
Overall, life is good, I’m getting along with my companion, and the weather is that beautiful fall weather. The leaves are changing colors, and the farmland is really pretty now.  It is just a good atmosphere all around.   Dad, it is good to see that my experiences are similar to your mission, because if I become just like you, I will be a very happy man--just so you know.  I’m also starting to learn how to have fun on my mission. It’s impossible to be too serious for too long and I’m not really good at being serious.

Thanks for the money.  Inflation has been up and we had to use some money from my checking account for food.  The mission recently made the adjustment so we will get more money, so I don’t plan on using more soon.  I just get so hungry =)

As far as the food of the week: I made a super good pasta mixed with fried onions and bell peppers. I think that I should just buy a deep fat fryer or something like that because that’s all I seem to know how to cook, but it’s so good! As far as the impressive donuts that I made last week: They were really just bread in the shape of a circle, fried with extra sugar in the dough. I’m still trying to figure out how to use yeast. It’s a process.

Anyway, Thanks for everything! I love you all, thanks for all of your support.

Love

Elder Chipman

PS: You don’t need to worry about me being robbed.   I’m a giant here. Nobody remembers my name because it is hard to pronounce for them, so they just call me Elder Grandote, or Elder Giant.  So there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment