Saturday, May 10, 2014

New Assignment as the office Registrador

Hola todos!                                        

It sounds like Allie is running super fast, and it also sounds like the rest of the world is too! I guess I can’t argue if Andrew ran a 4:17 to take my school record. There’s only so much you can do!

Last Saturday PABLO WAS BAPTIZED!!!! It took a long time, but he was finally there and we were able to perform the ordinance. It was a really a cool experience. The branch that I just left was a difficult one, and only the branch president and the Elders Quorum President came to the service, but he was baptized!  Unfortunately, he caught a cold the next day because he was all wet and so he could not be confirmed until tomorrow.  I won’t know about it until the record comes into the office.

Also, last Saturday night I got a call from President, and he asked me to be the new registrador in the offices of the mission. Honestly, I wasn’t exactly expecting the office call, nor did I want it. I will probably in the office for about 4 transfers, or a little more than 5 months--maybe more.  It takes two transfers just to train me with the new responsibilities.  I’m about at my year mark and that is when I would expect to be called as a trainer or maybe a district leader. I was even a little bummed on Sunday because I only have 2 years to give, and now about 5 months of my mission is not going to be outside working all day and that is where I want to be.  

I did also learn for myself that the Lord has a plan for me--even if it’s not down the normal road. I read a scripture in Hebrews that taught me a lot. It talked about how we need to have patience until the Lord’s will is completed, and then we will receive the promise. That really helped me put things in perspective, and now I actually like the new assignment. Honestly, this week was nice, and fun because the people that work in the office with me are great.

My p-day has changed from Monday to Saturdays so that is when you can expect my emails. The only down side is that we can’t play soccer with the other missionaries on Monday.  However, winter is rolling in and I’m not sure if the Elders are going to be playing soccer for much longer anyway.

My daily schedule has changed completely too. We still wake up at 6:30 do our studies and all, but then at 9:45 we report to the offices to have a devotional with the office staff. After the devotional, we get to work. We work on baptismal records, mail, supplies, key indicators, and what ever our mission president needs from us. There isn’t too much travel involved, but we do get to drive to Capital every other week because the international post office is up there and we have to pick up packages. Each night at 6pm, we get to go and proselyte for the rest of the evening like normal missionaries.  I still have a lot to learn, but it’s getting easier to understand what is happening everyday.

The area around the mission office is super nice. It’s the nicest place in the Mission, or at least I think so. Our Pench is also super nice; we even have a washing machine! (Hallelujah!!!).

My comp is really great too.  They only let those who speak English have this assignment because the Senior Couple that work in the office do not speak a lick of Spanish. So my comp now is American and my next comp will most likely be as well.

For P-day, we watched the Disney movie “Frozen.” I liked it, and it was a lot of fun. You were right about the snowman being pretty funny. Other than that, we shopped, wrote letters, and did other stuff around.

Mom, I think that is interesting that Sister Thurgood (Mission president’s wife) called you. She didn’t tell me about it. It does make me feel good to know that she likes me and I’m doing a good job. It is easy for me to feel just like a normal missionary and blend in, but I think it is cool that she at least thought enough about me to call you to tell you.

I´ll talk to you tomorrow for mother’s day. I think I’ve got Allie beat. She can’t beat a missionary phone call for Mother´s day, so you can just let her know I´ve got it in the bag this year!

Haha, I´ll talk to you tomorrow!

Anyway, that’s it for this week. Hope to have more next time!

Love you all!

Elder Chipman

Hola todos!


No comments:

Post a Comment