Sunday, June 8, 2014

Argentina is excited about the World Cup

Hola Todos!                                                                        
Sounds like you have had a very “pupee”, I mean, Puppy filled week. Thanks for the pictures. He looks very cute and fun to have around. Does he like to snuggle? That’s important too. Just enjoy the fun cute puppy, even if he likes to do his business where ever he wants too.
I am also very excited to see Chris (cousin) get his mission call to Peru. It will change his life for sure!
So Cassie comes home in a month,  and I guess that means Seth only has a little bit left as well. I guess it’s about that time where people are finally starting to come home again. It does actually happen, and it’s going to be happening a lot for the next year.
The only thing happening right now in Argentina is that every body is getting set for the World Cup.  Argentina has their first game a week from Sunday, so it should be interesting. I’m excited to see what it is like, but there won’t be any work to do. I am not exaggerating when I say schools shut down when there is a World Cup game on. Honestly, Argentina doesn’t even care about the NBA finals, even if their own pride and joy is playing.
It’s also been a good week in the offices. Its interesting stuff, but it’s not stuff that is worth writing about.  There are just a lot of forms, packages, and supplies that we order. It’s getting to the point that when we enter the post office, all the workers there treat us like we are their best friends and they always treat us very well! The packages keep on coming and we are preparing for transfers on the 16th, so this next week should be a busy one.  I’m learning a lot about life and about my Heavenly Father and Savior at this time. It’s weird that I would be learning so much in the offices and not on the streets, but that’s what’s happening. I’ve been studying hard, and trying to find a lot of answers. It’s interesting stuff.
As far as the proselyting side of things goes, we are now working with a less active family called the Bustamonte family. We had an amazing lesson with them on Friday and they told us how they were really feeling that they were doing ok in life, but they were missing something. They knew it was our Savior. So we hope to help them come back into the gospel. We are also teaching a sister of a recent convert in the Ward. This recent convert is very excited about the gospel and is sharing it with everyone she meets, and she has invited her sisters to come many times. The one we are presently teaching is a 15 year old, but she is very interested in the teachings of the church. We invited her to prepare to be baptized, but she said that while she likes attending our church, she also likes another church in the area, which she also attends regularly. We were able to explain the importance of the Book of Mormon and prayer in gaining a testimony, and left her with the challenge to know whether these things are true. We plan on visiting them again this week to see her progress.
I had an experience where I answered my own prayer by something that I said.  Right when it left my mouth, I knew exactly who it was from, and that it was really intended for me. A scripture that always helps me is D&C 101:16. If we keep the commandments, we are promised that everything will be ok, maybe not the way we want it to be, but it will be ok. If we keep His commandments, we are promised the blessings of heaven, but if we do not what He says, we have no promise. I am grateful to have examples like my parents. You two have always kept the commandments no matter what. It’s what I want to be like. You can know that everything will work out, even if we are dragged through the mud to get there. 
To be honest, it’s been a week of reflecting and goal setting. On Thursday, I passed my one year mark in the mission. It allowed me to look back and see how I’ve changed, what I’ve learned, and what I can improve on. 
I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the world. Este es la verdad, ésta es vida real. Estamos acá con un propósito, y si guardemos los mandamientos, vamos a recibir felicidad para eternidad con nuestras familias. Si tenemos problemas o pruebas en nuestras vidas, podemos saber que hay alguien quien conoce como sentimos, por que él lo sintió también. Yo sé porque yo oré, y pide por ayuda, y esta ayuda vino. Y cuando estamos en la noche lo más obscuro, podemos encontrar esperanza y luz en nuestro Salvador. Venid a él, porque no hay un otro manera a tener felicidad.
You can all look that up on Google Translate if you’d like. 
I love you all, hope everything is well at home, see you next week!

Elder Chipman

No comments:

Post a Comment