Sunday, June 29, 2014

I almost died....

June 28, 2014

I almost died.  Ha-ha Just kidding, I didn’t. Ok, so maybe I shouldn’t have started the letter with that, but I was just trying to change things up a little bit. It’s been another good week, but honestly nothing super exciting happened. We just dealt with mail, and sent materials to all of the missionaries. So when I said that I almost died, I was just trying to make my letter a little bit more exciting. 

It feels like fall around here where it is a little chilly but nothing too cold--which is nice. We are working hard in the office making sure people have phones, packages, and letters, or stuff like that. We got 14 new phones this week! I actually think that is fun, but again I’m having a hard time making this sound super exciting for you to read about.  We get to listen to music during the days and chat with the Senior Missionaries.  The Senior Missionaries are really fun and nice older couple from Ashton, Idaho which is right by Yellowstone. He likes to talk about fly fishing all day everyday.  I think it is something that I would like to try someday. I’m happy most of the time and I enjoy being here in Argentina, but there are times that I feel sort of alone.

We did get a chance to help a less active family come to church Sunday, and afterward they really wanted to learn more about the temple and be sealed as a family as soon as they could. So we are beginning to help them with that!  I can’t help but feel a little frustrated when I read letters of other missionaries because they have so many investigators, baptisms, and cool things happening.  It is hard for us to even get started. Our problem is that nobody trusts anybody, so it’s hard to talk with people in the street, and we don’t have time to get to know our area because we work in the offices all day.  It is hard to know who we can talk too so it is a rather interesting predicament. 

We are also doing a special musical number for Ward Conference tomorrow. It started off being a ward choir, but because we technically have 8 missionaries in our ward, it’s turning into more of a missionary choir with a couple of members. After a few practices, we are starting to sound pretty good, and it should be fun!

World Cup has still been pretty subtle in the offices, but I hear that when Argentina is playing, there is nothing to do, because everyone is fixed on the game. We also heard that there is a possibility that the United States will have a chance to play Argentina if both teams win their next game. A part of me wants to see that happen, but then I think about that a little bit, and I don’t think that will be the best thing for the missionaries here. We will just have to see what happens.

Thanks for all of your prayers and I hope you are all doing well! Keep being patient with the pooch, because I’m sure he’ll come around or maybe not.  I actually hope that he stays as animated through the next year so I get to see him be crazy.

love,

Elder Chipman

No comments:

Post a Comment