Sunday, September 21, 2014

Tomorrow Rodrigo will be baptized!

How is it going?                                                                          

It’s been another great week in Adrogué Argentina

This week has been really busy. We’ve had to prepare materials for all of the missionaries. It’s always quite a process and it takes some time, but its fun! We even see miracles in the office though. Right before we ran out of Restoration pamphlets (Our most important pamphlet), we received a new shipment the day we would’ve run out. So it takes some stress off when we know that we aren’t by ourselves in the office.

We went to capital this week to pick up packages. It’s always a very fun trip to drive up there because there are lots of cool buildings and things like that. We learned that if we go on Wednesday, there are barely any lines. So we can now get in and out in about an hour, hour and a half.

As mentioned last week, we had a chance to talk with Rodrigo’s Mom a little more, and after a few answered questions, she was ok with his baptism, and she actually committed to come to church this Sunday as well to her son’s baptism. So tomorrow Rodrigo will be baptized! This is one of the cases where we were able to teach him from the first lesson to his baptism, and we look forward to teaching him more and more as he goes on! We are excited for him and we hope to teach his family soon! I’ll send pictures next week! I’m super excited!  Argentina is a difficult place to work, but the Lord will always provide ways to those who are looking right?

Other than that, it’s been a pretty normal week. Nothing too out of the ordinary happened. I’m still enjoying Argentina, and of course the food! It’s an amazing blessing to be here. Your grilled pizza sounded delicious. You can send some to me if you like, but I don’t think that it will be as good by the time it gets here. Oh well, what are you going to right? My cooking creativity hasn’t grown a ton as of lately, but I should be learning how to make meatloaf this week so I’ll let you know!

I got new running shoes today. I don’t think they were too expensive. I hope that they just last me the 8 months I have left, but thank you for sending the money. Everyday this week the Elders in my pension told me that they couldn’t wait until Saturday so they didn’t have to smell my shoes! So they are very grateful to you as well!

Something that I learned this week was that after many years of war, the Nephites returned to their homes. After nearly 15 years of constant battles, many were humbled to repentance. There were many righteous years after this war, in fact, some of the more righteous that this people had enjoyed in a long time. But like usual, little by little, pride entered in, and it described it as attacking the members of the church. As one thing led to another, after about 5 years, the Nephites lost about half of their lands because they were sufficiently wicked to lose the companionship of the Holy Ghost, and were left weak like unto the Lamanites. It was in this moment when they "saw" their wickedness. It amazes me how quickly they changed from righteousness to wickedness--yet it happened so subtlety that they didn’t even realize it was happening. They had to be woken up and realize the wickedness they were in.

So we as members of the church of Jesus Christ need to remember to always stay consistent. We have to always improve how we live, we always have to read and pray, and we always need to go to church. Not because we have to, but because it keeps us on the path, so that we are not subtlety led down a path that we don’t even know we are taking.

Anyway, thought of the week! I’m sorry I don’t have a lot to report, it’s just the same as past weeks. I like the office a lot, but I wouldn’t mind leaving it after this transfer to change things up a little bit! That might make my letters to you more exciting.

Overall, I’m happy and tired. Like you said Dad:  it is hard work, but if I wasn’t tired, I wouldn’t be doing it right.

I love you all and hope all is well at home!

Have a great week!


Elder Chipman

No comments:

Post a Comment