Sunday, October 19, 2014

Rodrigo's family is getting baptized!

Wow, it’s been a great week in Adrogué!                                                
We were able to finally sit down and talk with Lucia, Rodrigo´s Mom, and his two sisters. We brought them over to a member’s house and taught them the lesson about the First Vision. The Spirit was so strong when the mother of the member family testified of the blessings the gospel brings to families. When we asked them to be baptized on the 13th of November, they all excitedly said yes! Then Lucia looked at Rodrigo and said "I’ve seen him change so much, and I want to change too." I will never forget that night, and the blessing that I had to be there and witness it.

The sad thing is, is that I won’t be there to see the baptisms. Transfers are coming up this Monday, and  well, I have been reassigned to the area of Tolosa in the La Plata zone to be a District Leader. I’ve been so blessed here in the office with all of the lessons that I have learned and the people that I have met in Adrogué. It’s always hard to leave an area--especially after serving here for such a long time. I have to pack, say goodbye to members and missionary friends, and then start over. It is good to know that  after a few weeks I get accustomed to where I am and it’s like home again. So new beginnings are good and I look forward to it!

Since I'm leaving, I will probably have time to write you on Monday too. I don’t know if I will write a super long letter but I’ll at least say Hi! As far as my new area is concerned, I’m looking forward to it because I’ve always wanted to go to La Plata. It is the capital of the Buenos Aires Province, and is supposed to be a beautiful city with a giant cathedral, museum, and a zoo. So there is a lot to do there, plus it’s supposed to be a very safe place. Let’s just say I will have 3 sister companionships in my district. The only reason there are Elders in La Plata is to fill some of the leadership positions.  My new companion’s name is Elder Johnstun from Oregon. He’s pretty new; in fact he is just finishing his training. He looks like a nice kid, so I’m excited for that!

On the other side of things, I don’t really know how to be a District Leader, but I know that it will be fun. I’m used to just sitting and answering a few questions during district meeting, not running the whole thing on my own, but I have a feeling I will get used to it quickly. My district will consist of 10 missionaries, 6 sisters, 2 other elders, my companion, and me! I’m excited to go, because I feel like I’m finally hitting my stride as a missionary. So it will be fun to put what I learned in practice.

That’s great news about Allie! The Highlands Ranch Herald has always been fond of us Chipman´s and it makes sure to add an epic photo too! Placing 2nd at Regionals is what I got both my junior and senior years, so Allie is just keeping up with the Chipman traditions! Ha-ha good to see. You have got to make fun of Dalby for using the word "Jelled together" in the article.  I just thought it was a funny word to use ha-ha.

So Allie runs State on Saturday! That will be fun! State week is always a hard week because you have to focus on your homework, but you can’t because you have a pit in your stomach. It will be a good day on Saturday, but if State week was rough for me, I don’t know if Allie is going to like it that much.

Anyway, I hope you guys are doing ok and enjoying life! It should be a fun week because it’s my birthday and State XC the same week! I haven’t gotten your birthday letters yet, and because I’m leaving the office, I probably won’t get them for a few more weeks. That’s bad luck, but I’ll get them soon!

The Savior lives, this is his church. I love you guys and hope that all is well!

Have a good week!


Elder Chipman

No comments:

Post a Comment