Monday, December 8, 2014

Investigators pop up like whack-a-moles!

The snowman we made while defrosting the fridge!
It’s been another amazing week in Tolosa, Argentina!                       

The temperatures are steadily getting hotter and hotter as we get closer and closer to the middle of summer. We find ourselves not exactly walking down the quickest route, but the one that has the most shade cover! We return back to the pench sweaty and sticky. But tis the season!

My companion is great! He has about 9 months on the mission and he is from El Salvador! Pretty cool place. It’s funny because he is learning English (a little) and knows little words like “awkward” and “epic fail”! Lets just say with me as a companion, he says those a lot!

My Spanish is struggling some still, but I will consider myself comfortably “fluent-ish.” I understand almost everything, and say what I want. I don’t worry about it too much because I can say what the Lord needs me to say, so I’m where I want to be with that. 

As far as the work goes, we are really beginning to have some success. First week of the transfer is a little difficult because after all the changes, you have to get things moving again! That being said, we had 2 investigators in church! Ignacio is still trying to drop those cigarettes, but we are working with him a lot. He is honestly more active than a lot of the members, so we are very happy to see his progress. On Saturday we visited him in his home and there happened to be a friend of Ignacio´s family there. He always commented on the progress that he is making, and the change that he sees in Ignacio. Let’s just say, I’m proud of him and what he is doing to grow closer to the Lord.

We also had Claudio in church on Sunday! We found Claudio a couple of weeks ago in a member’s home. He was a Jehovah’s Witness but has since grown unattached. At church on Sunday, we had a class about the Creation in gospel principles. He was able to participate and we could see that he liked sharing what he knew about the Bible. After the class he came up to us and asked, "What does one need to do to be baptized in the church" We explained to him about the lessons, church attendance, and receiving a testimony of the Book of Mormon personally. He then said "Good, because I want to be baptized". I don’t know if there are any words that could’ve made me happier in that moment!

That being said, we are grateful that the Lord has blessed us to serve in this beautiful area of Tolosa. Elder Orellana and I love it here and the work. While some days are full of walking and walking, I know that there are many ready to listen, because they seem to pop`up like whack-a-moles. We just have to be ready and worthy to act when the spirit tells us too.

I’m so grateful for my mission and for the opportunity that I have to serve the Lord. What a blessing it has been to be placed in the middle of miracles, and witness the blessings of the gospel first hand. I love being a missionary!

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the kingdom of God restored to the Earth, and the Living Christ guides his church in our day. The Bible and the Book of Mormon are true holy scripture, I have read them, and there is no doubt that they were divinely written. I know that Christ lives and loves us, personally. Thanks for everything that you guys do. Keep Moving Forward!

Love

Elder Chipman

PS: Only one picture, sorry.  It’s a snowman we made while defrosting the fridge!




No comments:

Post a Comment