Tuesday, December 23, 2014

New Shoes for Christmas!

Hola Todos!

First off, Merry Christmas! Its super hot right now, but there is still a lot of Christmas Spirit! It’s a little different down here, but its still fun and enjoyable. The biggest celebration is on Christmas Eve where they stay up and eat dinner at midnight, share a few gifts at midnight, then dance and party until who knows when. Then for Christmas day, they just sleep in until about 3 in the afternoon or more! It’s fun and it’s Christmas all the same.

So the whole world is gearing up for Christmas!

I'm super grateful for the shoes! I tried using the other two pairs to finish my mission, but it got to the point where I had to put cardboard in my shoe because the hole was so big that my foot was walking directly on the concrete and destroying my socks! So I'm glad I was able to buy some new ones! Thank you. I bought them for about $900 (Argentine Pesos) so that is about $90. The shoe store guy said they were as indestructible as Superman, so they are meant for walking.

Honestly, the shoes are the only thing that I really want for Christmas. It makes me a whole lot happier. But since I´m coming near the end of my mission, I might buy a few more souvenirs. And if there is something in specific that you want from Argentina, let me know, and I´ll get it for you.

To answer your question about exercise dad, in the mornings we sometimes run. I at least do 40 push ups and 100 crunches daily. It’s not a ton, but it keeps the “fluffiness” at bay.

This week was full of walking, but we were able to see many miracles. Ignacio is getting closer to quitting cigarettes. He´s made a lot of improvement recently, and his baptism will be in just a few weeks! We were also able to find a new investigator named Elsa. She has a son who is a member in a nearby stake, and she is interested in what we have to say! All of this leads up to good things and miracles.

It’s a great time to be a missionary! I love you all and wish you a Merry Christmas! Feliz Navidad!

Love

Elder Chipman

No comments:

Post a Comment