Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Celebrating Pioneer Day

JUlY 26, 14
How’s it going?                                                                                  

It’s been another good week on the mission. A cold front is hitting Buenos Aires right now, but its still not super cold. I don’t think it ever gets super cold here, but then again, I’m in the offices for the majority of the day, so I shouldn’t be one to talk.

Monday is transfers and my companion Elder Mason is leaving the offices, and I’m getting a new companion! His name is Elder Evans, and we were companions before in the MTC! I’m really excited and I think it will be a lot of fun because I already know I’m going to get along with my next companion. I’m staying in the office for at least another transfer.

As far as proselyting goes, it was pretty slow this week because we had a lot to do with transfers, and we have an activity tonight to celebrate Pioneer day, and so we did a lot of planning with that. With the time we did have though, we were able to visit the Bustamante family again this week. They are continuing to progress and move towards their goal of entering the temple. Every week it’s a great blessing to teach them because they are a living example of the Atonement. Every time we visit they just seem happier and there is just more life in their faces. They are truly coming to Christ, and it’s a blessing to be able to witness that.

We have an activity tonight and it should be fun. My companion and I made a really big Buffalo out of cardboard and hangers, I’ll send some pictures afterwards. I’m happy with it! We are going to be playing some pioneer games and then watching 17 miracles as a ward. Afterwards, there is a Ward Baptism, and so it should be a fun but busy day. Not much of a Pday, but we’ll get some time in!
 
My Comp and I made the animals for the game

The classic "Stick Pull Game"

They had to "push their handcarts"

Bean Bag Hunting for animals

It sounds like New York is a party! Wow what a cool trip! Being in the middle of China Town probably helps you understand what I first felt like coming to Argentina. You just kinda stand out like a sore thumb! If you find a place that sells empanadas, get them because they are probably my favorite food down here, and if there is a place to find them, New York would be the place!

Other than that, its been a pretty normal week! I know the Savior lives and loves each of us. All we have to do is come unto him!

Have a good week everybody!

Love,


Elder Chipman

No comments:

Post a Comment