Monday, February 2, 2015

Out of the loop in Argentina

Hows Life?


Well, to let you know how far out of the loop we are here in Argentina, my comp and I were finishing our day yesterday right at sundown. We were unlocking the door, and putting the bikes inside the apartment, just chatting about the day. The conversation slowly drifted off to sports, and how we don't even know what is happening in the NFL. That is when I realized that it was Superbowl Sunday. Just kinda snuck up on us this year I guess.


Overall we had a great week in Alejandro Korn. The ward is starting to grow and do well due to the hard work of past missionaries and good leaders. Our investigator, Sebastian, is starting to progress and came to church on Sunday. He should be baptized by the 22nd of February.


We were also blessed to be able to attend the Buenos Aires Temple last Tuesday! What a beautiful building! We are only able to go once a year, and this year I was able to understand a whole lot more because I speak better Spanish. It’s amazing the things we learn when we enter the Lord´s house, humbly looking for answers.
Me in front of the entrance of the temple
My Zone in front of the temple



Other than that, Life is good. Our days are filled with lots of lessons, laughs, and pancakes (because they are fast and delicious). In Fact, we are having a family night with a family tonight. They are giving the lesson, so we are bringing the food. Since we don´t know too much about cooking, we are planning on making about 35 pancakes tonight! Like I said, easy and delicious!


That being said, I´m a happy, healthy missionary. I'm not going to lie that I'm excited to come home, but I'm living it up out here at the same time. I'm already starting to get sad about some of my favorite things here in Argentina, and realizing that the majority of my life right now won't be there at home. So I´m trying to work hard and enjoy it while I still can.


This week I learned the important lesson that a testimony has two parts, the spiritual and intellectual. First we receive the spiritual, and then the testimony can be continually strengthened by other spiritual experiences, but also by intellectual and logical realizations. My testimony is simple. I know that Christ lives, that Joseph Smith was called as his prophet to restore the Lord´s Church on the earth again, and that the Book of Mormon is sacred scripture like the Bible, to guide us in our lives. How do I know?  Because I read the Book of Mormon and asked God. I received a chain of spiritual experiences that have eventually taught me the truth of these things. I also know that logically it all makes sense. I invite everyone to either find or strengthen their spiritual testimony by reading and praying about the Book of Mormon. I know that everyone who does will receive and answer, because I did.


Thanks for all of your support and love. I love being a missionary, and I love it here in Argentina. ¡Nos Vemos!


Elder Chipman

I got to go on a split with Elder Cobb


No comments:

Post a Comment