Monday, March 30, 2015

I've been thinking a lot about the word "Truth"

Hola Todos! March 30, 15

It’s been another great week in Alejandro Korn.

Well honestly, it hasn't been a very long time since the last time I´ve written, but a lot has happened. First off, Gabriel was baptized yesterday! It was a nice and peaceful ceremony, and while we were getting everything ready, two woman showed up just because they were passing by and wanted to know more about the church. The Relief Society president and members were quick to help them, show them around, and they were able to stay for the baptism! We've been working hard and have found a few more people to teach. We´ll see what comes from it, but I see some good things happening here in Alejandro Korn.



We've also been working a lot with the "Because he lives" video produced by the church. http://www.mormon.org/easter?cid=HP_FR_3-27-2015_dMIS_fMRMN_xLIDyL1-A_
We have pass-along cards specifically made for it, and we report how many people we have showed the video too, and how many cards we've passed out. So it’s a very organized system. The church is really focusing on it, and on Easter Sunday, they have a mini version of the video that they are going to use as the primary ad on Youtube (You know that 15 second video before every Youtube video?). So They are really trying to get it out there.

Other than that, I've been thinking a lot about the word "Truth". Its a word that as a missionary, I use a lot, but sometimes I don´t know if I really understand what it means. In Doctrine and Covenants 93, it explains truth as things as they really are, were and are yet to come. A good example of truth is the law of Gravity. On this earth we are held under the truth of Gravity, what goes up, must come down. It doesn't matter if I resent it, or don't believe in it, or try not to follow it, If I jump from an airplane, I will fall. This being the case, there is only one truth, and anything that is not part of this truth, is a lie. So if this really is the case, we best be sure that we know the truth, or learn it so that we do not stray from that which is right. Here are some things that I have learned that are true. I know that Christ lives, I know that he is the Son of God and the appointed Messiah. He lived a perfect life, and was a perfect example. He suffered for our sins, sicknesses, and imperfections. He died on the Cross by crucifixion. He rose the third day as a perfect, resurrected being. These things are true, it's what happened, and its just the way it is, nothing can change it. So it’s best that we learn more about it and how it applies to our lives, that we may more understand the truth about God, Jesus, and his church on the earth today. There are many truths that I do not know, but I know this much. I hope that we can all enjoy this Easter season, and remember and reflect why this time of year is so special, even 2000 years after His resurrection occurred.

Well, hope that all made sense...

Other than that, there isn´t too much to report. It’s the last week for my companion before he goes home. He´s been working really hard despite being so close to the end of his mission, and he´s been a good example and a good companion. I'm bummed that he has to go, but there´s not much I can do about that.

It sounds like Allie is running as fast as ever and that´s a really good thing! She shouldn't be too disappointed that she didn't break the school record her first race in the season. A chill pill and a bit of perspective would do her well, but like I said last week, that attribute probably helps her run well.

I got my flight schedule today and it kinda surprised me because Elder Flinders got his on Wednesday and he leaves a week from today. We have a new senior couple in the offices and they are probably still trying to figure things out. But there you go, it’s official now.  I'm honestly excited to come home, I love it here, but its been awhile since I've seen you guys! I find out who my next companion is on Friday, so we´ll see what happens.

Defluffification is going well. Many people have said that I look skinnier, so there you go. I am still about 195-200 but it’s a lot better than the 210-215 that I was about a year ago.

Overall, I´m doing great. I have lots of energy, I am happy, I get along with my companion, and there´s really nothing to complain about. I look forward to these next few weeks because they are going to be great!

I love you all, I love the Lord, I love his Church!

Have a great week, thanks for all the support, Happy Easter!

Elder Chipman

No comments:

Post a Comment