Monday, March 16, 2015

Week full of bikes, sun, heat, painting, pizza, and some great lessons!

How´s it going everybody?!

It’s been another great week in Alejandro Korn. We had a week full of bikes, sun, heat, painting houses, pizza, and some great lessons. Missionary work is still grinding out here in Korn. There are lots of disappointments and challenges, but we always have a few moments that keep us going and they make it all worth it. We are working with a few people right now, preparing for their baptism the 29th of March. The first is Gabriel, he is the son-in-law of the bishop, and we've been working with him for a few months. Honestly, he is a rockstar. We taught him the Word of Wisdom this week along with tithing, and fasting. He is only 20 years old, so topics like not eating for 24 hours could be challenging, but he accepted the commandments and is progressing well. Andres on the other hand had been doing well, but we got a phone call today saying that he wasn't so sure if he wanted to keep taking the lessons We’ll visit him this afternoon and see if we can help.

Lately, we've been struggling with not many people attending church. We hope that everybody is just still on summer vacation, but we're kind of at the end of that time of year. While the school year is ending over there, it’s just getting started here. That being said, we are finding more and more people to teach and we hope that next Monday and Tuesday we will be able to find lots of people to teach.

In my studies this week, I was able to read about Christ´s visit to the Americas. I love this part of the Book of Mormon, because its an great way to understand the Character and Personality of Christ. While he is very stern when it comes to the commandments, his love is unavoidable as he healed their sick and blessed each one of their children one by one. I feel like I am much closer to my Savior as I read these passages, and it helps me look forward to the day when I can see him again. I know that Christ lives and loves us. If you at all doubt this fact, I invite you to read 3 Nephi 17 in the Book of Mormon. It will help you understand his love for you a little more.

I’m running out of things to write about so it must be getting pretty close to the end. I honestly don't feel like the end of the mission is really that close, because I feel like I will always just be doing what I´m doing.  My companion always just says that it is the reality of it.  Things are ending, and there´s no escaping it. He finishes in only 3 weeks, so we´re both wrapping things up. He´s probably one of my favorite comp of my mission, and we are working super hard. We both have the same worries about college & sports so it is a common conversation in the pension at night. He´s a good friend!

As far as my defluffication process, I ran about 4 miles this morning and I've lost about 3 pounds. I'm still heavier than I want, but  I´m at least going in the right direction.  I just need to be diligent. I guess I'm vain, but I'm also still only 21 so it should be easier for me to drop the fluff--I hope :)

Thanks for all that you do, and for all of your support. I love you guys! Have a good week!  I miss you like crazy, but I'm really happy where I am right now.

Oh, and by the way, there is going to be a holiday next Monday and Tuesday, so my next p-day will be next Wednesday. They have a holiday almost every other week here, so I don’t even know what holiday it is.

Love you guys!

Elder Chipman

No comments:

Post a Comment