Wednesday, March 25, 2015

We have a baptism

How´s it going?

It’s been another great week in Alejandro Korn. Its started off as a warm week but then right as we hit the first day of Fall, the temperatures dropped about 10 degrees Celsius. I don´t know how much that is in Fahrenheit, but its a significant change. But I'm enjoying the cooler weather, it makes it easier to travel in.

It sounds like Allie had a rockin first high school race on Saturday. She was really flying if she already almost broke Karlee´s school record for the mile!

It’s been a good week but with lots of ups and downs. We had to drop a lot of investigators that just weren't progressing, which is not always fun. In fact, we dropped all but about 3. That being said, one of those three passed their baptismal interview and is going to be baptized this Sunday! His name is Gabriel and we've been teaching him for about 2 months now. He´s about 21 years old and is the Bishops son-in-law. He´s got a lot of support from the ward, and we are excited about his decision. We were also able to find a few other people who are willing to let us visit and teach them. Overall, things are moving forward, which is what matters.

We have a really busy week coming up because it’s my companion´s last week of the mission. I guess that time catches up to everyone.

I got a little sick on Saturday and Sunday. Just a headache, fever, and sore throat. My body was a little achy, but I took some ibuprofen a few times during the day and I was good. Now I feel just fine. Defluffication (weight loss) took a hit this week because of sickness, but I´m back at running again so it should be a better week.

This week I learned a lot about the Christ-like attribute "Hope". It’s more than just a desire or a wish, but as seen in the scriptures, it is something that carries a lot more power. In fact, faith itself is a hope for things not seen but that are true. In fact, Spanish has helped me learn a lot about this word hope. In Spanish, the word "esperar" has three meanings. It can mean "to wait", "to expect", and "to hope". I don´t think that these three verbs, wait, expect, and hope, would be combined into one word unless they had some sort of relation with one another. And they do. I like to think of it like this, that having hope = expecting it to happen= willing to wait for it. I am grateful for the gospel in my life, because it gives me the greatest hope of all. My source of hope, and honestly, everybody's source of hope is the resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ. Because he overcame all things, I now have the hope for the Resurrection of all men, which means that I expect it to happen someday, and I'm willing to wait for it. Because of Him, it doesn't matter what happens, I can always have hope for that day, and I can always wait for his timing.

I guess thats what I´m trying to get at here. That especially during this time of year, when we remember His resurrection from the dead, and especially in a world that doesn't have much to hope for, I would like us to remember the source of all hope, and the power that comes when we are willing to trust him, expect his help, and be willing to wait for his timing.

I love you guys and hope you have a great week! Overall, I´m now healthy and happy. Thanks for all of your prayers and support.

Love,
Elder Chipman

No comments:

Post a Comment