Monday, March 2, 2015

I have the best life ever!

Hows it going?

Funny story, at lunch on Saturday, one of the kids went onto facebook and showed us that dress that you told me that is all over the internet. It’s black and blue to me, but yes the plague has already reached us down here too. It just shows that Allie and Dad are crazy because they think it is white and gold.  hahaha! I do wish I could've seen the  funny story about the runaway llamas in Phoenix!

It’s been another great week in Alejandro Korn, Argentina. It was really successful! We found a lot of new people to teach and some of our other investigators are beginning to progress more toward baptism. Sebastian is fighting back and determined to keep trying until he gets it right, and we are determined to help him, so he´s doing well! We also found many others, all of them men, which is weird....usually only the woman are interested, but the ward needs more priesthood, so I’m not complaining. One investigator was referred to us from a Young Woman in the ward. Her neighbors´wife passed away a few months ago and he was having a hard time. We were able to visit with him and talk about the plan of Salvation. At the end, he told us about his desire to be with his wife again in the Celestial Kingdom. Its amazing the power that is in the gospel, and the happiness and hope it brings. We were also able to visit with another referral that we received from a member. His name is Martín and we were able to teach him the first lesson in the house of the member. We shared the restoration lesson, and he promised us to read the book of Mormon, and pray about it. I have lots of high hopes for the both of them. Let’s be honest, I have the best life ever!

I also learned a lot about about prayer this week. Many times we ask God for things that we want to happen. This is not a bad thing, in fact he says that if we ask we shall receive. But we need to be ready to receive the answer. Sometimes we need to ask for the enabling power to help us accomplish what we desire. I love this part about prayer, because it allows us to grow and make decisions, but it will also enable us to do the right thing. We will have to do a lot of the work on our own, but just as the Lord blessed the people of Alma with their burdens that they were not able to feel them on our backs, our burdens will be lifted, and we will be able to accomplish a whole lot more than we could without divine help.

Just so you know, I left the Internet Café last Monday and slapped my forehead because I forgot to wish you two a happy birthday! So I prayed that you would have a very good day and have a miracle happen for your birthday. Just so you know, I didn’t forget, well, when I was writing I did, but I didn't forget for too long :)  I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your birthdays. I can tell that I’ve been away from home a long time because I don’t even recognize the restaurant you went too or what a Bosu Ball is, but that´s ok.

Hey Dad, here´s a picture of someone who also had a birthday on February 28th. Her name is  Nona, and if you want to know how old she is, just look at the cake!  Lets just say, you've still got plenty of time!



Speaking of old, I feel pretty old in the mission with all these 19-year-olds coming in.  It is a whole lot more fun being old and used to everything, however.  Then when you told me the kids who are going to BYU this fall, I now just feel old in general.

Mom, thanks for sending some of Dad´s mission pictures. I honestly got a little emotional, looking at them because he´s always been older to me, and seeing him doing what I´m doing right now makes me feel, happy. But I didn´t cry, don´t worry about that :) Bolivia looks like it is a really poor country. The houses that Dad was in are like some of the ones I've entered here, but here only the poor people live like that.  It was fun seeing you do the same exact thing that I am doing!






David as a missionary in Bolivia

I love Argentina, but I'm excited to see you all again. I will be home before we know it! Then I can tell you all of my stories :) Nothing dangerous has happened to me, but I just don't remember everything when I'm writing on Mondays.

Thanks for all of your prayers and support. Being a missionary in Argentina is the greatest.  There is no other place I would rather be!

Love you all!

Elder Chipman

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful to read your letters, elder Chipman. Please know you are in our family's prayers. I know about burdens being made lighter through prayers! Enjoyvyour time teaching the people. You are making many lasting impressions! Fun to see the parallel photo of your dad in Bolivia

    ReplyDelete